1. You may provide personal information to TheStimulist.com in one of three ways: (1) by sharing your e-mail address and subscribing to email newsletters or requesting site updates, (2) by sharing personal information when you provide tips to our editors, or (3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site.
2. In addition to personal information—such as name, street and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers—we may also collect information that is in no way personally identifiable. This may include the operating system you are working on, the internet browser you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider, and the web sites you visit directly before and after your visit to TheStimulist.com.
3. The e-mail address you provide may be used by The Stimulist.com for any reason, such as contacting you for editorial purposes or to advise you of any changes to our site. We may also from time to time send you messages about our marketing partners’ products.
5. When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from TheStimulist.com, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of special offers and site updates. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences. Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
6. The ads appearing on TheStimulist.com are delivered to you by DoubleClick, our Web advertising serving partner. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you on this site. And, in the course of serving advertisements to this site, third party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. For more information about DoubleClick, cookies, and how to “opt-out”, please go to http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy
7. Email newsletters received by subscribers are delivered to you by MailChimp, our Emarketing solutions provider. Under no circumstances will MailChimp make any personal information about an individual user available to anyone.
9. Third parties and web sites that have links on our site may also collect or use information about you. The information practices of other companies or people that TheStimulist.com does not employ or manage are not covered by this privacy statement.
10. Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments pages or in any forums we may develop in the future becomes public information. We cannot control the actions of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.